

The knife just doesn't look right and I don't think spoons are meant to be dangerous. I'd like to keep my tongue, thanks.
And even if you manage to remove the delicious flesh with the spoon without getting a blinding squirt in the eyeball, you'll find sticky spots all over the counter and floors within a 10-foot radius for weeks. Of course, you could just peel it and eat it like an orange, but then you can't put the sugar on it and that's just yucky.
I've discovered the solution. Actually, my shopping soul mate (more on that later) introduced it to me and I'm a believer.
Del Monte Fruit Naturals, people. They're fresh enough to require refrigeration and to have an expiration date. They still taste like grapefruit and don't turn into another food entirely like canned oranges, peaches and pears. They're cheaper than the real deal too.
Best of all, you can eat them without risking life and tongue.
5 comments:
I had given up on eating grapefruit until reading your post. After reading, I went straight to the grocery store and bought some of the grapefruit in a cup. It's so nice to be able to eat grapefruit without having to clean up the room afterwards. Thanks for the suggestion.
You've been reunited with the grapefruit, your kitchen is clean, and the economy has been stimulated by your purchase. Grapefruit in a cup provides a win/win situation all around.
I'm sorry... but how lazy do you have to be buy your grapefruit in a cup? And how expensive our those tiny cups?
A fair question, Letters to Elijah.
I've seen the cups for absurd amounts ($1.47 each) but I've also seen them in bulk for a mere 11 cents per ounce! That amounts to $1.76 a pound--better than a typical fresh grapefruit. Wow! Can't beat that for a fresh, delicious cup of healthy goodness that won't squirt you in the eye.
i'm going to have to agree with letters to elijah. this is ridiculous. how wasteful. grapefruit is great b/c it comes in its own packaging and is completely biodegradable.
lame.
Post a Comment