You never really know a person.
Take my roomie, for example. We've known each other for years and have lived together for two of them. I know that she can't spit her toothpaste out in a sink that still has water swirling in it. I know that she leaves cabinet doors open and sometimes leaves the house with food cooking on the stove. I know that she is cold-blooded (in the sense that she thinks an 80-degree day is freezing) but warm-hearted (she can't stand the thought of killing bumblebears).
But there's one thing I couldn't have guessed about her--she has no interest in visiting space. I would assume that 99 percent of people would want to experience weightlessness and frolic across the moon. But for her, it has zero appeal. Seeing the earth from space has zero appeal? Zero?? Actually, it has "negative five appeal...so many things could go wrong!" I'm still stunned.
It just goes to show that you really never know a person until you find out if they'd go to to space. Would you?
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow....I never would have guessed it! I have to say that your roommate is one of THE quirkiest people I have ever met. I'd almost say the Queen of Quirk, but it's not necessarily official yet, I guess.
And you're right...she DOES have a very warm heart. One Christmas morning I was at her house with her family before they all woke up. I suggested that we put rocks from the front yard into everyone's stockings as a JOKE. Though she laughed very hard, she refused to take part, and actually refused to let me do it! She said that it might hurt their feelings. I, meanwhile, thought it was the golden opportunity that will likely not happen again in my lifetime....we'll see.
Roboto,
"I have to say that your roommate is one of THE quirkiest people I have ever met."
Have you ever met yourself?
sign me up for the next trip to space
Ok, so I was going to refrain, but I have to say a few things in your roomie's defense. Sure, the idea of seeing Earth from space is definitely cool, but not cool enough to have a fishbowl on your head, floating in vast emptiness.
Sure, eating your food as it drifts across the room towards your face has its benefits, but I wouldn't be able to keep it down because... well I'd be in space and that's freaky!
I could get stuck in my space suit! I could jump a little too enthusiastically on the moon, and thanks to no gravity, I'd peace out forever. Not to mention I could incinerate on the way into Earth's atmosphere. Thanks, but no thanks.
I'll leave space to the pros.
Post a Comment