Monday, May 25, 2009

A Little Perspective for Memorial Day

This video is about DJ, a man who was born with cerebral palsy and was told he'd never walk. But in 2008, he decided to walk every hole of every tournament with the PGA. It was a 900-mile journey. His toes overlap and he wears eight or more band-aids to minimize the blisters. When asked if it's painful, he says no. One of the golfers in the video says it's hard to complain about the walk when they see him at every tournament.

In the height of the current war, I visited a military base in southern Colorado for work. I was uncomfortable in my business suit and complained about the heat. The soldiers had just returned from Iraq, where temperatures regularly reach 115 degrees and sometimes boil to 125 degrees. They were returning to their families and enjoying their first sand-free meals in a year.

I didn't complain about the heat again...that day.




2 comments:

CraigVFX said...

WOW - okay now that made me weep

Frontline Ink said...

And rightly so.