Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What do potato chips and star crunches have in common?

Jamarcus, who plays the lead character in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," came over today to make a recording. He plans to send it off to a music academy, along with some clips from the shows. Perhaps this time next year, he'll be performing in California. So while the roomie worked on getting the "studio" ready, Jamarcus and I warmed up our vocal chords.

I asked him what he does to warm up. He opened a grocery bag full of potato chips and star crunches and start eating. I asked him what the chips and star crunches had to do with warming up. His response? They help him hit the high notes.


Jamarcus himself, backstage during the last performance (Seussical, the Musical)
Listen here to see if you think it worked (be sure to listen to the whole thing because Jamarcus gets to some lovely harmony after about 30 seconds):
Gabcast! Frontline Ink #1

No comments: