I buy ice cream about once a centennial, but I've been hearing about the famous Blue Bell brand since I first mentioned that I was moving to the South.
I wanted to see what the fuss was all about (when in Rome, you know) so I scanned the vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. *Yawn* Then something caught my eye--a green, four-leaf clover and the words "Centennial Cupcake."
Blue Bell's Centennial Ice Cream is cupcake batter ice cream with cake pieces, chocolate icing and sprinkles. Did you catch that? I said cake batter ice cream filled with a bunch of goodies. So many baked goods (cookies, brownies, cakes) are even gooder before they're baked. Totally worth the raw egg risk. Admit it--the spoon and bowl licking is your favorite part too.
Bracing myself for the disappointment that sometimes comes when foods sound better than they taste, I took a small bite. Then I upended the tub and polished it off in 35 seconds. Of course I went back to that aisle next time looking for another half gallon. Gone! This ice cream is special edition to celebrate 4H's centennial.
So if you're in the South, get it while you can at Wal-Mart, Publix and Winn Dixie. If you're not in the South, fly, drive or walk here and buy a half gallon.
After all, this is the kind of ice cream that only comes around once in a hundred years.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment