Tuesday, February 9, 2010

An interactive post

Here's a little experiment. Answer the following questions in the comment box (in complete sentences, please). After I get responses from at least ten of you, I'll post my own. Hmm... I wonder if I'll get to share. I'll include some possibilities in parenthesis for inspiration, but come up with your own. It'll be more fun that way.


1. If I were a country, my chief export would be _______. (peanuts, smiles, compassion, chocolate, hot air)

2. If I were a pretzel, I would _______________. (dip myself in chocolate; eat myself; find a bag of Chex mix to jump in)

3. If I were going to be reincarnated as an animal/insect, I would be a ______________ because/so ________________________. (a snipe so that I could meet Russell and Karl; a fly so I could finally see what all the hype about the wall is)

4. If I could have 90 days off work with pay, I would _____________. (backpack around the world, volunteer in a third world country, visit my grandpa)

5. If I had to be on a reality TV show, I would be on _______________. (American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Biggest Loser)

6. I will be able to cross the following item off my bucket list this year: ____________________. (make a bucket list; lead a revolution so I have an excuse to wear one of those cool berets; learn another language; go to Italy)

7. In 2010, I will _____________. (appreciate my spouse; celebrate my friends and family on days besides their birthdays; come up with a new year's resolution at the beginning of the year instead of in February; blog more often)

8. This year, I will _______ more and ______ less. (smile more, worry less; walk more, drive less; love more, judge less)

9. I celebrated the Y2K (year 2000) by __________. (going to Times Square, watching Dick Clark at Thomas Clark's house (oops, gave mine away), hiding in a homemade bomb shelter with a hoard of water purification tablets)

10. Write your own!

5 comments:

Katie Clark said...

1. If I were a country, my chief export would be hugs.

2. If I were a pretzel, I would sacrifice myself for the good of food.

3. If I were going to be reincarnated as an animal/insect, I would be a frog so I could have the freedom to live on land and in the water.

4. If I could have 90 days off work with pay, I would use the time to volunteer for things I normally couldn't.

5. If I had to be on a reality TV show, I would be on Undercover Boss.

6. I will be able to cross the following item off my bucket list this year: start a cooking business.

7. In 2010, I will write more.

8. This year, I will follow the Lord's will more and mine less.

9. I celebrated the Y2K (year 2000) by sleeping.

10. The one song that depicts my life is ________________.

Prom said...

1. If I were a country, my chief export would be chai, with milk and extra honey.

2. If I were a pretzel, I would require hot chocolate to be served w/ me for optimum enjoyment.

3. If I were going to be reincarnated as an animal/insect, I would be a mountain lion so I could play I the snow all day and never get cold.

4. If I could have 90 days off work with pay, I would take a road trip to Washington DC.

5. If I had to be on a reality TV show, I would be on Britain's Got Talent.

6. I will be able to cross the following item off my bucket list this year: open an alternative school! Yay!!!

7. In 2010, I will make good on what I've got.

8. This year, I will talk more and internalize less.

9. I celebrated the Y2K (year 2000) by watching new years celebrations in different countries (like Hong Kong, Norway, etc.) All the while telling myself, "it can't be true, it can't be true"

10. My favorite thing to do on a snow day is ____________.

Alicia said...

Carmeleta: ONE song to represent our whole lives? Wow--that's a challenging one.

Prom: This just leaves me wondering what your "Britain's Got Talent" talent would be.

roboto said...

1. If I were a country, my chief export would be light blue Extra gum (it's actually called Peppermint, but "light blue Extra" has become it's unofficial name to me.)

2. If I were a pretzel, I would love being featured every year in Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving special, sitting there in a bowl full of popcorn and me.

3. If I were going to be reincarnated as an animal/insect, I would be a hawk so I could fly so powerfully and glide so effortlessly.

4. If I could have 90 days off work with pay, I would stay at home and spend as much time with my first-born child as I could.

5. If I GOT T0 be on a reality TV show, I would be on The Amazing Race.

6. I will be able to cross the following item off my bucket list this year: Get married.

7. In 2010, I will be sure that my actions line up more with the priorities in my heart.

8. This year, I will jog more and correct others less.

9. I celebrated the Y2K (year 2000) at Skate City with all the "cool" 8th graders who were allowed to stay out that late....only I was 18 at the time. *sigh*

10. If I could give up one chore forever and the chore fairies would still take care of it, I would never clean my room again!

Unknown said...

1. If I were a country, my chief export would be unending opportunities for people to experience their dreams.

2. If I were a pretzel, I would find some kosher salt and cheddar cheese and dip myself in them.

3. If I were going to be reincarnated as an animal/insect, I would be a bear because they don't worry about life and can sleep for 6 months out of the year.

4. If I could have 90 days off work with pay, for the first month, I would spend it with friends and family I haven't spent time with in a while. The second month I would travel back to Dubrovnik. The third month I would work my tail off for this great non-profit that I love, doing whatever needed doing.

5. If I had to be on a reality TV show, I would be on Survivor.

6. I will be able to cross the following item off my bucket list this year: open a child care center.

7. In 2010, I will let go and live.

8. This year, I will expect more and judge less.

9. I celebrated the Y2K (year 2000) by working and not thinking Y2K was real.

10. If I could live anywhere in the world I would live in _______.