Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Confession

I was on a little road trip with a snack box containing assorted goodies: chex mix, granola bars, cookies, red velvet Twinkies, gum...you get the idea.

I ate some chex mix (avoiding the pretzels, of course) and then used my phone's light (it was dark, see) to illuminate another bag. The way it was folded over, I could only see the words Hot Buffalo Wing Pieces. "Yum," I thought. So I put my phone away, put the bag in my lap, and proceeded to eat handful upon handful of this spicy and savory magic. I made a mental note to purchase some of my own and then a horrifying thought came to my mind: Hot Buffalo Wing Pieces OF WHAT?

So I spread the bag out and in the glow of my phone, I scanned the large letters that spelled Snyder's Hot Buffalo Wing Pieces. Then the eerie glow lit up five words in small, deceitful letters at the bottom of the bag: artificially flavored sourdough hard pretzel.

I ate the rest of the bag.

No comments: