Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Flash 55: Un-received

I've been reading Susan's Friday Flash 55s for a while now and figured I'd give it a shot. The idea (which comes from MrKnowitall) is to write a story in exactly 55 words. It certainly is a good exercise in brevity. Here's mine:

Grandpa Chaney wore overcoats with flannel pajamas and said d
évà ju instead of déjà vu.

He watched her. She felt him watching.

She huffily dropped silverware into the drawer before turning towards him, "What, Dad?"

He held out a clump of tulips, her favorite, which she then tossed onto the counter.

She hated plastic flowers.

2 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

Boy, *there's* a family moment with a lot of history behind it -- I loved it! Welcome to the game!

To put your link in a comment, type the less-than symbol (over the comma), then "a href=" and then type your link, then another ", then the greater-than symbol (over the period). Next type your words that you want linked (Mine is Here or something) and type the greater-than symbol, then slash-a like this: /a , then the less-than symbol. Jeeze that doesn't seem to make sense at all LOL but if I actually *type* it, it will only turn into a link!

Frontline Ink said...

Thank you for visiting, reading, commenting and teaching me something new! I'm going to try it for the first time in MrKnowitall's comments. Off I go.