Saturday, September 19, 2009

Six Words Saturday: 143 posts, 56 drafts, no quirks

The idea, which I got it from Susan at Stony River, is to sum up what's happening in your life in exactly six words.

As a I write, I have 143 posts and a mountain of 56 blog drafts. And there's the other unfinished writing—half-complete journal entries, email drafts stopped in mid-sentence, character names with no story to put them in, and a book proposal with two incomplete sample chapters.

But maybe I'll finish some things right here and now by posting a few of the ideas that just haven't quite come to fruition. Do come along for the journey, won't you?

"I'm full, I just ate a big bowl of sand" would have been about communication errors. The speaker meant to say she'd just eaten a bowl of oatmeal, which is very similar to the word for sand in Spanish. The post would culminate with a few of my embarrassing moments in England. The tamest was when I was getting ready to go out with some of my British pals (or mates, you might say) and I said I needed to change my pants before we left. To my lovely companions, trousers are pants and pants are undies. So that left them questioning why I needed to change my underwear as well as why I felt the need to announce it.

"Angry Jess" would be about spammers if I had ever finished it and was inspired by an email (rightfully delivered to my spam box) from Angry Jess herself.

"Fatty, Another Creature Loved and Lost" would be about a friend who accidentally killed her hamster by dropping him down a makeshift slide. See, she was bonding with her new buddy and since she liked the playground slide, she wanted to share the joy with him. That's the loved and lost part. The "another" part refers to the time I tried to save a chipmunk and well, see for yourself.

Another would have been about my seriously quirky friends—like the roomie who leaves cabinet doors open because she's going to come back to them at some point. At some point could mean a few minutes or a few days. I wouldn't have appeared in this post because I don't have any quirks myself.

I do, however, hate clutter—both in my physical and electronic surroundings. I delete emails as soon as I'm done with them. If I need to keep them, I file them into their appropriate folders. Same goes for my phone and my Word documents. After today's post, my folder called Blog has four fewer items. Ahhhhh, that feels nice. Nope, no quirks here.

So now, my Saturday in six words is: 144 posts, 52 drafts, no quirks.

No comments: