Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Could You Go to Jail for This?

Last night, at a friend's birthday get-together, we told our teenage mischief stories. We talked about pranks we played, cops we ran from, and people we high kicked. The best came from the guy who attended a private, all-boys Catholic high school. Incidentally, he was the one who started the whole thing when he asked, "Could you go to jail for this?" before launching into one of his many stories.

All that talk made the dish-soap-in-a-fountain prank seem pretty tame (e
arlier in the day, the white froth reportedly stood taller than three feet).

I still hope the perpetrators didn't drive by and secretly pat themselves on the back for providing Labor Day entertainment.

The auntie I was with encouraged this little one to pull her dress up before she played in the water.

She complied, not realizing that a few inches off the ground would have been plenty.

After the stories I heard from my respectable, grown-up friends, I'm not going to pass judgment on the pranksters. My only real complaint came up when I bumped a buried bottle with my foot and then ran my feet along the edge, finding nine more.

We took them home and disposed of them, hopefully teaching the blondies to be environmentally-aware pranksters when they grow up.

No comments: