Cool title for a book, eh?
The idea behind the name is that if you want to learn about a river, you can read about it in a book and learn a little, you can travel to its bank and observe it and learn a little more, or you can dive in and know the river--its temperature, the strength of its current, and the size and consistency of the pebbles beneath your feet.
I just wanted to share the idea because I'm a sucker for a good metaphor and think it's a good way to approach life--whether you're starting a blog or a business; embarking on an adventure with a friend; or simply cooking dinner.
So, I say dive in, people. And if you get a little weary after you take the plunge, Dory from Finding Nemo has some more advice for you-- "just keep swimming."
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment