It's not easy to make a someone cry in the first ten minutes of a film (and behind 3D glasses, no less) but if anyone could do it, Pixar could.
The folks at Pixar had me at Toy Story and they've taken me with them to infinity and beyond (sorry, couldn't resist) ever since.
After the two Toy Story installments (a third is coming!), Cars, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., A Bug's Life, and Wall*E, I am thoroughly convinced that I owe it to Pixar to see their films. They've proven that I will leave with no regret about spending $10 and two hours with their lovable characters, heartwarming plots and endless humor.
Up is no exception. The aforementioned weeping behind two sets of glasses occurred during what The Pixar blog (not endorsed by Pixar) dubs the "married life montage." And I cried twice more during the adventures of Carl, Russell, Kevin and Dug.
See Up for a picker upper. It's not getting 98% on Rotten Tomatoes for nothing.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment