Billy Elliot was a big winner at the Tonys, racking up ten awards. I've only seen the film, but would love to see the musical, starring Susan Boyle as the teacher and any one of the three young men who received the Tony as Billy.
David Alvarez, Kiril Kulish, and Trent Kowalik stammered through an adorable acceptance speech. I'd expect them each to be just as charming as Billy.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's kind of too bad that Billy Elliott was such a big winner at the Tonys. See, now that means that smaller community theaters are going to have to pay through their noses to get the rights to produce the show. Anytime a show wins big, they realize what a cash cow it is and charge LOADS of money to sell the rights to anyone else. DANG!
Also, I'm quite shocked that you had no mention of Susan Boyle not winning Britain's Got Talent. Though, there was plenty of coverage from all other media sources, but I thought, hmmmm....not even a follow up? Also, I was proved wrong and Shaun Smith didn't win. Oh well.
Post a Comment