Jamarcus, who plays the lead character in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," came over today to make a recording. He plans to send it off to a music academy, along with some clips from the shows. Perhaps this time next year, he'll be performing in California. So while the roomie worked on getting the "studio" ready, Jamarcus and I warmed up our vocal chords.
I asked him what he does to warm up. He opened a grocery bag full of potato chips and star crunches and start eating. I asked him what the chips and star crunches had to do with warming up. His response? They help him hit the high notes.
Jamarcus himself, backstage during the last performance (Seussical, the Musical)
2 comments:
OK....there's no way this is proven, right? It's just due to the grease.
I've actually heard of lots of people who will do a shot of either olive oil or worse yet, cod liver oil, to supposedly lubricate their chords. I don't know if I buy all of that. I'd say to ask his musical director in the show to see if there's any merit to that.
Sounds fishy to me...vague pun fully intended.
Yes, his director said that the grease in chips is where the theory comes from but that little bits of chip particles (yummy) are actually counterproductive since they make you cough. She says gummy bears are the best.
She didn't have anything to say for the chocolate though.
I guess it's worth a shot. I say try a bowl of ice cream and a glass of milk. ;)
Post a Comment