This is a recipe for Thai chicken in a crock pot. It's fusion because it's not exactly authentic (when was the last time you saw the word crock on a Thai menu?), but it has the essence of Thai (it's spicy, has peanuts, and is served with rice).
I first tried this recipe at a friend's house and have since created two of my own versions--one in a crock pot and one in a frying pan. Each time has been scrumptalescent. That's not a word, but it's in my vocabulary anyway (thanks Mitch!) and describes this dish.
One roomie (the one who likes spicy foods) and the chef whose catering company specializes in "fusion" (Roboto) both love it.
As usual, I use the recipe as a guideline and can tell you from experience that adding too much peanut butter is a recipe for a very thick sauce and an even thicker stomachache. Besides that, it's probably fair game for some substitution and varying amounts to taste.
Happy Thai fusion to you!
Ingredients:
8 chicken breasts
Sauce:
3/4 cup hot salsa
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
Toppings:
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
2 tablespoons cilantro
Side:
3 cups rice
1 cup coconut
Put the chicken breasts in the pot. Mix the sauce ingredients and pour on top. Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
Top with peanuts and cilantro.
Prepare rice as directed. Add 1/4 cup of coconut after the rice is fully cooked.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok, I just rocked the HECK out of some Thai Chicken!!!! Again, a little thick, but FANTASTIC!!! I also added a can of evaporated milk to the sauce. I didn't have fresh coconut, but I had a bottle of imitation coconut extract. I added a small amount and some salt to my boil-in-a-bag brown rice.
Seriously, today I made ate the BEST breakfast, lunch & dinner I've ever cooked in one day!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment