Yesterday, I posted an article and applauded the author’s hope—a hope that I have personally seen endure even the most trying circumstances.
Today, I received another rejection letter for my story—a story of hope against all odds. This time, the editor included a personal comment, so I’m going to step out there and ask for some feedback.
I hope she’ll write back. I hope I get the story published somewhere.
I hope.
5 comments:
Perhaps you should put a nail in the wall like King dedicated to rejection letters...I'm sure I will join you soon in this realm, fellow writing friend :)
Rejection is a part of the game, my friend.
I do have a metaphorical nail in the wall in the form of a rejection slip folder. Thankfully we're in the days of electronic mail, otherwise I'd have to break my strict "clutter free" policy. I hate that stuff.
Ooh, a metaphorical nail, so delightfully literary.
I'm still reeling from the delightful literary-ness of you referring to King when commenting on a blog with the final line of "I hope." You with me?
Oh yes, Ms. Alicia, I follow...there is without a doubt some Andy in you. Remember, 'geology is a study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure and time...and a big d--- poster."
Post a Comment