Friday, January 9, 2009

Bad Boys, Bad Boys

Today, my friend Kelly was sworn in as an officer for the Selma Police Department. For months, she's endured physical and psychological tests, panel reviews, interviews and a background check. Though she's always dreamed of serving and protecting, she wasn't sure she had the discipline.

Last May, she stopped dreaming and started doing.
Though there have been discouraging days, she's continued. She regularly rises at 5 am to go to the gym, she installed a pull-up bar in her closet and she watches her fair share of **Cops. When she brought her first target home from the firing range, it was riddled with holes in all the right places. Kel's got some aim, y'all!

She's even gotten a little practice with handcuffing....me. When I asked if she wanted me to struggle, she threatened to pull out her baton so I contented myself by singing, "Bad boys, bad boys. Whacha gonna do..."

**I'd issue myself a grammar citation for not underlining Cops, but this site won't let me underline.

1 comment:

Mitch Stark said...

This entry cracked me up. I also find it mildly hilarious that we pretty much solely support each other's comment zones...