Thursday, March 11, 2010

Friday Flash Fiction 55: How I Met Your Father

Another Friday, another Flash 55. Thanks for the concept, G-man, this has become my favorite blogging activity of the week. The idea is to write a story in exactly 55 words. Head over to Mr.Knowitall's place to join in. This one is adapted from the beginning of a longer piece I wrote long ago. Here it is:

He put his hand first on his own knee, then moved it over a few inches to mine. He didn't kiss me, which filled me with such tenderness that I gripped his hand until he told me to ease up--he wasn't going anywhere. And it was true.

He was filled with the same tenderness.

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

love the title and how that adds so much...tender 55. i like it!

mine is uP!

Unknown said...

What a loving post, I really love this so much.
Remind me of my late Dad.

EXCELLENT 55!

Happy 55!
Happy Friday Follow!
Happy Round Robin!
Happy Friday Family!


Have you a ROCKING and SEXY WEEKEND!

hugs
shakira

FLASH FRIDAY-WHEN WILL IT END?

WITH KAJ TANG-REN LINEHAN

Buzzard said...

Like Brian said, The title makes the story come alive.

My 55: A Familiar Face

Stan Ski said...

Sometimes you just know when something is built to last.

g-man said...

Alicia, what a sweet loving 55.
Excellent job My Dear.
You sure ROCKED this one.
Thanks for playing and visiting today, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

Mona said...

The title PROVES it too! :)