Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Flash 55: Cybil's America

Another Friday, another Flash 55. Thanks for the concept, G-man, this has become my favorite blogging activity of the week. The idea is to write a story in exactly 55 words. Head over to G-man's place to join in. Here's this week's:

"So, Grandma, how do you feel about having an African American president?" said Jen.

"Oh honey, it's never gonna happen," Cybil replied, "people are just too prejudiced."

Jen leaned forward, searching Cybil's face for a hint of humor. When she found none, she said, "Grandma, it has happened. The president is black."

"President of what?"

17 comments:

anthonynorth said...

An excellent 55. Nicely done.

jabblog said...

Ouch! Well done :-)

Buzzard said...

Funny, very funny.

Brian Miller said...

lol. living in our own little world...funny 55!

mine is up!

Anonymous said...

LOL...this is just too funny. I love it. Poor Grandma...living in her own little wonderland. Well done my friend. Have a great weekend :)

Nessa said...

Well done. I'm sure this conversation happened in many places.

Flash 55 - Earthquake

One Single Impression - Running

g-man said...

Alicia...
Very Funny 55
This was AWESOME!!!
I really appreciate your splendid contributions...You Rock!
Thanks for playing again, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...Galen

Donnetta said...

VERY funny, Alicia. Keep it coming!! D

Mike said...

Very funny! LOL! president of what? hehe

Felicitas said...

VERY funny! Cybil remind's me of my own grandmother.

Peter Stone said...

Great punchline, "president of what?" Great 55.

Mona said...

Grandma surely is in denial

Jinksy said...

Good question - president of what - kind of thing I might say myself...but do remember,I'm a Brit!

PattiKen said...

Do you know my mother-in-law?

Cute, but kinda sad.

My post is up here.

järnebrand said...

President of what...? ;) Funny. I am Swedish. And a big fan of Obama. I think it's funny that some people work so hard to be updated on what is going on in the world and some people don't even seem to care what is happening in their own country... :) Great 55!
/Jo.

Jannie Funster said...

ha!!

I think I have Alzheimer's, maybe. I forget if I do or not!

:)

yay!! flash 55.

whoo-hoo!!!

Alicia said...

It's interesting that Cybil seems familiar to some of you--whether you interpret her as clueless, senile, or worse.

Thank you all for visiting and commenting!