There's not much rhyme or reason to this post. Some items have explanations or suggestions, some don't.
10. Choosing party favors for weddings, birthday parties, or bar mitzvahs. Just forgo snacks with pretzels and you'll be fine.
9. Getting a bad haircut.
Mullets are the exception--totally worth losing sleep over, as I have myself. I once dreamed that I clearly told my stylist to do whatever she wanted, except a mullet. The more she cut, the more I looked like Joe Dirt. Woke up in a cold sweat from that one.
8. Losing sleep.
There's an interesting thing that happens to me when I know I have to wake up early (say 5 a.m.). I get totally psyched out thinking, "If I can get to sleep right now, I can still get four hours of sleep." And then I never fall asleep until the next night, when I have the freedom to sleep all I want, at which point, I wake up at 5, because I am, after all, a morning person.
7. Awkward hugs.
You know how it goes. You see an old friend and think, Do I give a side hug (one arm) or a front hug (both arms)? Do I linger a while or do a catch-and-release hug? Then you go for the front, they go for the side and you each try to accommodate the other, changing hug-style midstream. Then you practically kiss each other's ears. Not fun, but also not worth losing sleep over.
6. Sports
5. High school reunions (this one also goes under the category of things not worth losing weight over, but that's another day).
4. Fear of diarrhea--if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. Blame this one on the FHP boys.
3. Reality TV
2. Shark attacks
1. Having so little to blog about that you resort to top ten lists.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment