Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pause!

It was just the three of us--as one little guy in diapers refused to eat any of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich and the other little guy in diapers threw his sandwich across the table.

After dinner, we had some play time, including dancing to the upbeat "Chanda Mama." It was slow to load, often pausing on its own accord, so we had to improvise. When the music stopped, we froze in whatever position we were in--hands in the air, in mid twirl, etc. The bigger little fellow would say "pause!" and then giggle as he waited for the music to resume. When it did, so did we.

At bedtime, the bigger little guy was missing Mom, so I stayed and waited for him to fall asleep. As I lay there next to the crib with his Curious George blanket covering only my shoulders, I wondered when it changed--an evening with only people under three wasn't always my idea of a good time.

No comments: