Thursday, January 27, 2011

Flash 55: Playing Possum

Flash 55s are fun fiction pieces in exactly 55 words. To join in the fun (and it is fun), visit Mr. Knowitall. This week's is called Playing Possum:

He sat. I paced. She scolded.

“You shot a possum at point-blank range in the garage?” she said, not knowing yet that I had encouraged the pursuit.

“It seemed like a good idea,” our 14-year-old shrugged.

“To both of us,” I said, taking the hose and shovel from her hands, “You didn’t see his teeth.”

8 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

That's a good point about the teeth. I might do the same.

moondustwriter said...

Been there - those critters are fierce and they don't back down.

Like the 55 one more dead possum not a problem.

Belinda said...

Yikes. Guns and opossums, I wouldn't have been happy, too, but the rush, I can imagine...

G-Man said...

Possom's are not my favorite.
They do make for a great 55 though.
Thanks for the smile.
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End....G

Bubba said...

I've encountered a few possums in my days - always vicious, hissing things with nasty teeth showing.

Never once saw one 'play dead' like they supposedly do.

Clever 55!

Brian Miller said...

ugh. yeah i probably would have as well...nasty little buggers with a quick bite...

Monkey Man said...

Big deal about a little clean up. Fire away!! I say.

Raven said...

Ugh! Can't stand opossums. Nice one.